MEET YOUR NEXT EQUINE PARTNER.
Horses competing in Extreme Mustang Makeovers are available via competitive bid through auction at the end of the event. This is the perfect opportunity to find your next partner for the show pen or on the trail.
Watch previously untouched horses with just a few months of training compete under saddle in a variety of classes.
CHECK THE REQUIREMENTS.
Potential adopters must be 18 years or older and able to provide a facility with access to food, water, and shelter. The facility must meet certain requirements defined by the Bureau of Land Management.
Adopted animals must also remain in the United States until titled. Eligibility for title occurs on the one year anniversary of adoption.
Be sure to check on any hauling and trailering requirements, as well. Drop ramp tailgates and slant dividers are not permitted.
View all facility and adoption requirements.
APPLY TO BID.
Bidder applications are open now for the New Jersey Extreme Mustang Makeover.
All interested bidders must apply to bid before noon CT on Friday, October 22. Check out the steps below to complete the application process and be approved to bid and bring home your next horse!
Please note: If you have completed a bidder application for a previous Extreme Mustang Makeover, you must submit a new application to bid in this event.
- Complete the bidder application. You must complete all sections (1-3) of the bidder application form, including the location maps, and sign the form.
- Submit the completed bidder application form to email@example.com.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive an email from the Mustang Heritage Foundation (be sure to check your spam folder!) with additional details about bidding and the auction.
- You will also receive an email from Champion Horse Sales (be sure to check your spam folder!) with details on how to register on the auction site and authorize your payment method. Your account will not be activated until you have been approved by the Mustang Heritage Foundation.
- Contact information is listed for each trainer under each horse’s profile on the Champion Horse Sales auction page. We encourage all bidders to contact trainers to learn more about any horse they may be interested in purchasing.
- In the case of a winning bid, it is the buyer’s responsibility to contact the trainer to arrange transportation or continued training. You will receive a form from the Mustang Heritage Foundation requesting these details. This form must be completed by noon CT on Wednesday, November 3.
- The Mustang Heritage Foundation will provide transportation reimbursement of up to $250 to the person who bears the cost of transportation (buyer or trainer). This request must be submitted by Wednesday, December 15.