MEET YOUR NEXT EQUINE PARTNER
Horses competing in Extreme Mustang Makeovers and Mustang Magic Trainer’s Challenge are available via competitive bid through auction at the end of the event. This is the perfect opportunity to find your next partner for the show pen or on the trail.
Watch previously untouched horses with just a few months of training compete under saddle in a variety of classes.
The next competitive bid adoption will be in-person at Will Rogers Coliseum in Fort Worth, TX in January 2023. Bidder applications will taken at the event only, January 19-21, 2023.
CHECK THE REQUIREMENTS
Potential adopters must be 18 years or older and able to provide a facility with access to food, water, and shelter. The facility must meet certain requirements defined by the Bureau of Land Management.
Adopted animals must also remain in the United States until titled. Eligibility for title occurs on the one year anniversary of adoption.
Be sure to check on any hauling and trailering requirements, as well. Drop ramp tailgates and slant dividers are not permitted.
View all facility and adoption requirements.
Please note: The mustangs offered in this auction have approximately 120 days of training. Prior to the auction, we encourage you to contact the trainer of any horse you may be interested in bidding on. There are many independent Facebook groups where competing trainers highlight their horses throughout the training process. These groups are a great way to learn more about the horses offered and reach out to the trainers directly. At the event itself, MHF offers several official opportunities to “Meet the Mustangs,” and potential bidders are encouraged to walk through the stall area to view the horses and speak with the trainers at any time.
apply to bid on emm horses
All Extreme Mustang Makeover bidders must be present at the event to take place in the competitive bid adoption. No online or proxy bidding will be available.
Please note: If you have completed a bidder application for a previous Extreme Mustang Makeover, you must submit a new application to bid in this event.
- Complete the BLM Adoption application at the BLM booth during the Mustang Magic Trainer’s Challenge.
- Once your application is approved, you may complete your payment authorization form and get your bidder paddle from the MHF staff.
- We encourage you to reach out to the trainers with questions about the horse you are interested in. Several Meet the Mustangs events will take place throughout the show, please consult the schedule (TBD) for times and locations. These are excellent opportunities for you to speak with the trainers, meet the horses up close and find the right fit for you!
- The competitive bid adoption will take place during the event in January. You can purchase a ticket here.
- In the case of a winning bid, it is the buyer’s responsibility to contact the trainer to arrange transportation or continued training. MHF will provide a $250 transportation credit to the person (bidder or trainer) who bears the cost of transportation once arranged. The deadline for reimbursement requests is typically 45 days after the event.
- All horses must be removed from the showgrounds by 10AM, Sunday, following the event.
**We reserve the right to alter the auction date and information as needed.**