MEET YOUR NEXT EQUINE PARTNER
Horses competing in Extreme Mustang Makeovers are available via competitive bid through auction at the end of the event. This is the perfect opportunity to find your next partner for the show pen or on the trail.
Watch previously untouched horses with just a few months of training compete under saddle in a variety of classes.
The next competitive bid adoption will be in Fort Worth, TX on September 10, 2022.
CHECK THE REQUIREMENTS
Potential adopters must be 18 years or older and able to provide a facility with access to food, water, and shelter. The facility must meet certain requirements defined by the Bureau of Land Management.
Adopted animals must also remain in the United States until titled. Eligibility for title occurs on the one year anniversary of adoption.
Be sure to check on any hauling and trailering requirements, as well. Drop ramp tailgates and slant dividers are not permitted.
View all facility and adoption requirements.
APPLY TO BID
Bidder applications will open soon for the Fort Worth Extreme Mustang Makeover.
Check out the steps below to complete the application process to be approved to bid and bring home your next horse!
Please note: If you have completed a bidder application for a previous Extreme Mustang Makeover, you must submit a new application to bid in this event.
- Complete the bidder application. You must complete all sections (1-3) of the bidder application form, including the location maps, and sign the form. Online bidders need to have their BLM applications in prior to the event. In person bidders can submit theirs for approval at the event.
- Submit the completed bidder application form to the assigned BLM personnel.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive an email (be sure to check your spam folder!) with additional details about bidding and the auction.
- If you plan to bid online, you can create an account on the auction site and view available horses. Trainer contact information is listed for each horse along with photos and details. We encourage all bidders to contact trainers to learn more about any horse they may be interested in purchasing.
- In the case of a winning bid, it is the buyer’s responsibility to contact the trainer to arrange transportation or continued training. All horses must be removed from the even fairgrounds by 10 a.m. ET on Sunday following the event. MHF will provide a $250 transportation credit to the person (bidder or trainer) who bears the cost of transportation once arranged. The deadline for reimbursement requests is typically 45 days after the event.